Friday, November 7, 2008

The making of a music video!

Hey everybody! We are Petal, the band! We are comprised of vocalist Emily Tyndall and pianist Andrew Braithwaite. We have been writing songs together for almost a year now since we met serendipitously on myspace.
We are in the process of creating a music video for our song "Colliding". This music video is locally made and home grown right from our own back yards...almost. Well ok, with the help of some amazing, talented and generous friends, this music video is coming to fruition. Our director of photography, Nyk Fry, is fantastic! We all are excited because our first shoot date is Monday, November 10!

Here's the background on "Colliding". We started writing this song last December. I had just finished reading the book Twilight and couldn't stop thinking about it. Honestly, I was going through a lonely spell at that time, so the song started out very lonely sounding. After one verse was created, the sound of the song just kept reminding me of the book. Then I remembered that Twilight was going to be made into a feature film! So I suggested that we create a song that we could submit to the feature film for consideration in the soundtrack. Here we are, almost a year later and we have created the song, submitted it to the feature film, and ... well, we never heard back. We loved the song and so we decided to release it with a bang -- fully fledged with a music video and all!

Hope you enjoy the journey as we create a music video! It has been a blast for us!

4 comments:

Kim Andrews said...

Emily, My daughter and I are huge twilight fans when we saw your clip on the news this morning and heard just a few seconds of your song, we just had to hear more. We ran to the link through kutv hoping to hear the song. we were so sad we couldn't hear more of it. Email us ASAP when the song comes out!! You make a beautiful Bella!!
Huge fans, Kim and Jonelle

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

I love your blog! It is always great to see new singers/songwriters. I heard a clip of your song via some blogs for Twilight. Amazing! I cannot wait to see the video! My sister & I are diehard Twilighters and have found so many new & exciting people through the book. It is great to add your band as a new one to watch. I look forward to hearing all about the video & your music!

samber911 said...

I too saw the news story on kutv! I loved what I heard and can not wait to hear more!! Please, Please let us know when it is available!

emily said...

Hi Kim! We have a clip of the song on our site now. We plan to release the full song and music video this coming week!

Hope you enjoy them!